Sunday, December 7, 2008

Intoducing My Dog, La Lee.


I have a pet dog whose name is La Lee, who is a seven-year-old YorkshireTerrier. She only weighs 3 kg (6.6 pounds), she’s small, and has gold, silver, and black fur, which looks beautiful. Her ancestors were mice catchers in England. They were used to catch mice in a place called Yorkshire. I think that’s why she is so fast and likes to hunt cockroaches. While I was living with her for 7 years, I noticed that she acts like a person. For example, when she goes to the bathroom on the floor, not on the newspapers, she knows that she did something wrong and hides under my bed when someone notices it. When my mom says, “It is okay to come out, I’m not going to punish you”, then she comes out very carefully and runs to her house. She reminds me of small kids who hide in their secret places if they got a bad grade, broke glasses, and did many other things that will upset their parents. Also I can know that she feels guilty just like us when she does bad things. For another example, she barks at other bigger dogs while I’m walking her. The bigger dogs get scared and run away to their owners. She is very brave and has courage to bark at bigger dogs than her. It is similar to humans’ personality, being brave and able to stand up to bigger guys. Another way that she behaves like a person is, she is very intelligent. She is able to understand what’s going on in the house. When my mother was mad about my grades, she knew my mom would yell, so she ran to her doghouse and stayed very quietly. Also she can express her feelings with actions. If she is hungry and her dish is empty, she scratches the dish to tell me to fill it up with her food. She scratches the sofa if she wants to sleep on it. She is telling me to lift her up because she is too short. For all these reasons, she looks like a person to me. Also I don’t feel like she is a pet, I feel like she is my sister, a member of my family.

1 comment:

staff said...

Joshua: I corrected a bunch of mistakes in this essay, but you still have the mistakes here! I think you didn't save the corrections.

Can you proofread it carefully and find the errors?

Mary Ellen