Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Clones

This summer, I read a book called 'The House of Scorpion' by Nancy Farmer. It's science fiction and it is about clones. After I read this book, it made me think "What if cloning people really happens in the future?" I think it would be terrible. I mean, the clones have their own thoughts and feelings. They are exact same as us, except they don't have souls I think. The reason why I think they'll not have souls is we make them. We have souls because God made us and gave us souls. I'm a Christian so I believe in these. However I think it's not right to use the clones just for us to live longer, by using their organs. I think it'll be terrible to kill to get some body's organ. Think about how shocking it will be if they find out that they are clones, not a real person. Think about how will you feel when you find out you were a living tool to make another person live longer by using your organs? Even though we know that the clones are fake and we are real, they have their own world and they have their own thoughts like us I think. So I disagree with making clones.

No comments: